Thursday, June 4, 2015

Top Ten Books for the Upcoming Summer

I'm so sorry for the short haitus I took, but gosh with school coming to a closure, things were getting intensely busy and schoolwork was starting to pile up. But summer has come it's way and I am excited to blog again. So what other way to start then adding a book list with the pending summer? While summer is smoking hot, my town has been getting serious rain and cool weather which is quite unusual. But anyways, with summer coming, I can read more and re-read books as well. So enough blabbering, let's get started!


Confession time: I already read the book. Sorry, I couldn't help it, but I'm not going to reveal much on this post and there will soon be a review on the novel. And it is going to be a long one for sure.

Red Queen  by Victoria Aveyard
I've been wanting to read this book for a while, but never got to it. So finally I ordered it and I'm excited for it. I think I'm going to make it my next read. I know it has been out for a while, but better late than never, right?

Mosquitoland by David Arnold
I've read really good reviews for me and the blurb interests me. I haven't seen much attention towards this novel, but it looks like a low-key goodie.

Off the Page
Off the Page by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer
This book has also pretty good reviews and the blurb really intrigues me as well. I've been eyeing this book and I know I'm going to have to read it soon.

The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkosi
I've read the first book and I really enjoyed it so obviously I'm going to read the second book. Especially since the first book left you hanging from your fingers.

Made You Up
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
Just by reading the blurb, this book seems a lot different than other YA novels and has a very unique plot which intrigues me. Also, it seems like it fits the category of books I've been craving for these days.

First, I love a good light-hearted contemporary novel and this fits that quota perfectly. It seems cute and fun and I really want to read this novel.

A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
I've been seeing this book everywhere like I literally see ads for it while I'm watching TV so this book must have a lot of backing. But I've heard so much about this book and I'm simply just following the hype and I'm pretty sure Maas will give us something good.

This seems like another interesting contemporary novel, but instead of lying on the light-hearted side, it seems more in depth and deep which doesn't bother me. Sometimes, I like to read books on the other half of the spectrum. 

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
I've heard a lot of good things about this book and it seems like an interesting dystopian novel. Sometimes, I need a break from contemporary and get a bit dystopia.



One Page at a Time

-Skimmy.



No comments:

Post a Comment