Tuesday, June 16, 2015

P.S. I Still Love You Book Review

P.S. I Still Love You (To all the Boys I've Loved Before #2)
By: Jenny Han
Publication Date: May 26,2015
Simon & Scuhuster. 337 pages
Source: Bought it from B&N

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.
 

-description retrieved from Goodreads




The long awaited novel, P.S. I Still Love You. In my review for To All the Boys I've Loved Before, I raved about the book and declared my love for the novel. And I was so excited for this one as well. Although, I am a bit sad because this wonderful, amazing series has come to an end. But again, everything has to come to an end. So let's get crackin on this review because it is going to be a long one.

P.S. I Still Love You continues from the first novel and Lara Jean and Peter start a relationship. Of course, they are absolutely adorable with each other, but something bad leaks out that is about Lara Jean. And there's tension about Peter's closeness with Guinevere. Also, a guy from her past comes into her present and Lara Jean is developing feelings for him too.

Onto the cover! I think that is the same girl in the first book. The first book was a beautiful hot pink and the second book is a Tiffany blue color which is a gorgeous color as well. I like the covers of both books, they are aesthetically pleasing and attractive-looking. So no bad words for the cover.

So the main part of the review! I bought this book immediately and finished it the day I got it. So I'm going to say this flat-out that I loved this book. It was so good and just thinking about it, makes me crack into the biggest smile ever. Reasons why I loved it: first, I love the Peter-Lara Jean dynamic, they have such amazing chemistry and are absolutely adorable with each other. I didn't like Margot in the second novel, but in this one, I liked her a lot more and she even reminded me of my older sister in this novel. Lara Jean was a bit frustrating because she was constantly comparing herself to Guinevere as she dated Peter which really peeved me off. But she realizes that later on and fixes it. The fact that she was falling for this other guy, also, peeved me off. Again, I enjoyed the family relationships in this novel and the sister trio. The book was a little slow-paced in the middle, but it definitely picked up. When Lara Jean is in the senior center and talked to the senior citizens that part kind of bored me. This book was a emotional roller coaster, I will admit it, I totally cried. And did it twice. The book was definitely a lot more emotional and dramatic than the first one. The first one is more light-hearted and humorous. The second book still consist humorous just not as much. But gosh, it was so frustrating and so sad. But I'm quite an emotional person so that could explain that.

Onto the characters! I love Peter, he is one of my favorite characters! He is too perfect, it is a bit frustrating. At first, you are not going to like Peter, but at the end, Jenny Han makes you adore him. Peter is sweet, funny and really sincere, so in other he is unrealistically perfect. Lara Jean was a bit eh in this novel because she was so insecure about her relationship and she was kind of ruining it for herself. Margot was a lot better in this novel, she was that caring older sister and she listened and advised Lara Jean. Kitty was enjoyable as well, she always sticks to Lara Jean which is really nice. Also, I enjoyed Sam's character as well who adds a bit of a humorous element in the novel. I always hated Guinevere; I hated her in the first novel and in the second novel, I don't hate as much. I still don't really like her, but the feeling of hatred as lessen for reasons in the novel. Josh had a minimal role in this novel, he wasn't very important.

I highly recommend this to any contemporary novel lovers out there because this is THE contemporary series. I think this is perhaps my favorite YA contemporary series because it has all the right elements. It is funny, sweet, frustrating and emotional. I love all the characters even though I act like I don't, I really do. I am truly sad that such a wonderful series came to an end, but I'm definitely super psyched to see what else the wonderful Jenny Han will write.

One Page at a Time

-Skimmy.









No comments:

Post a Comment