Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Maze Runner Review


The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)

The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1)
By James Dashner
Publication Date: October 6, 2009
Delacorte Press, 374 pages
Source: Bought it from B&N
If you ain’t scared, you ain’t human.

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He’s surrounded by strangers—boys whose memories are also gone.

Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the Glade.


Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It’s the only way out—and no one’s ever made it through alive.

Everything is going to change.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.

Remember. Survive. Run
.

-description retrieved from Goodreads

I know I'm late on this novel. I've been eyeing it for awhile, but I haven't really made it a priority for me until the trailer for the movie came out. And I was pretty excited for the movie because Dylan O'Brien and Kaya Scodelario were starring in the film. I honestly, didn't know what to expect, my sister already read the first book and a few in the series and she told me the first book was the best one.

So onto the review, the book was overall pretty good. It was action-packed, detailed and pretty exciting. It was definitely on the action side which was a genre, I haven't been reading as much because I'm stuck in contemporary world. But I did like it and I am contemplating whether I should read the other books because my sister said they weren't that good so I'm a bit weary. 

The characters were likable. There was Thomas who is the main character who is eager and exciting. And also several likable side characters. The novel also made the you curious because you are just begging for answers, luckily the novel does answer them because there have been books where they just leave you hanging. Of course, since it is a series, you are left with some questions, but I felt like most of my questions were answered. 

It is the type of novel to have you sitting on the edge of the seat especially near the end where it gets especially action-packed. But I felt like the ending was a bit rushed and could have had an extra punch to it. But overall, I would say this is a pretty good book. Oh, also unfortunately (well to me), the book leaves you hanging on a cliff. 

I would recommend this to someone who is looking for some form of an action-packed or dystopian novel in general.


One Page at a Time
-Skimmy.


No comments:

Post a Comment